Three to Six Day Trips
-Mustad 94150, Bronze Finish
-Size: 1/0 Quantity: 24 Each
-Size: 2/0 Quantity: 24 Each
-Size: 4/0 Quantity: 24 Each
-Size: 6/0 Quantity: 24 Each
-Size: 9/0 Quantity: 24 Each
Owner Gorilla, for bigger Bluefin offshore & Guadalupe Yellowtail
-Size: 2/0 Quantity: 12 Each
-Size: 3/0 Quantity: 12 Each
-Size: 4/0 Quantity: 12 Each
-Super Mutu or Trokar 619
-Size: 4/0 Quantity: 15 Each
-Size: 5/0 Quantity: 15 Each
MACKEREL CATCHING RIGS
-4 Each Owner Octopus 4 Hook – Model #5525-075
-1 Each 1# Spool of most commonly used: 30#, 40#, 50# & 60# Blue only
-Sliding 2oz, 4oz, 6 Each
-Torpedo 4oz, 6oz, 8oz, 12oz 6 Each
-Split Shot PSS-2 (good for Albacore) 2 Bag
-SALAS 6X, SALAS 6X Jr. 2 Each
-Assorted colors: Chrome, blue/white, green/yellow, etc. Treble and single hooks. When deciding on lures, it -is sometimes best to wait and consult the personnel at Fisherman’s Landing Tackle Department, prior to your -departure. They have current information and know what’s working.
-Catchy Tackle Little Jett 1 Each One Trolling Strap
-Zuker or Sevenstrand Clones
-Mexican Flag 1 Each
-Zucchini 1 Each
-S/S Double Hooks 2 Each
BASS LURES: A selection of: Scampies, Leadheads, Mojos, Scroungers, etc.
Rods and Reels
-Line Size 80#
-Rod Size 6455XXH Seeker or Calstar or 6455XH Seeker or Calstar with Roller guides
-Reel Size Accurate 50, Penn 6/0, Penn 50
-International, or Shimano TLD50
-Line Size 60#
-Rod Size 6465H Seeker or Calstar or 760M Cal Star Grafighter
-Reel Size Accurate 30, Shimano TLD30, Penn 30T, (2 speed’s)
-Line Size 50#
-Rod Size 6460H Seeker or Calstar, 6455H Seeker or Calstar or BT50 Cal Star Grafighter
-Reel Size Accurate 665H, Accurate B-Z 870, Penn 4/0 Yellowtail Special, or Shimano Trinidad 40
-Line Size 30#
-Rod Size 670H Seeker or Calstar or 865XH Seeker or Calstar
-Reel Size Accurate 865, Penn 500, Diawa SL30, or Newell 338
* Preferred brands of Rods are Calstar Grafighter, Calstar, Seeker Black Steel Graphite and Seeker Classic E Glass.
* All Reels should have light weight Aluminum spools. Accurate and Newell are best.
* Preferred brand of line is Izorline (Blue only)
* Preferred brands for Spectra line are Line One or Blackwater
* Preferred brand for Flourocarbon is Blackwater
There are several variations on model numbers and type of Rods and Reels. We’ve listed the model #’s that we feel work best. Your favorite California saltwater Tackle Store can assist you in comparable products if you wish. If you need the name and phone number of a reputable Tackle Store near you, please call us.
The following list of gear will help our passengers prepare for their trip. It is by no means a complete list – and some may consider it to be more than needed. A big part of the service we offer is to make sure our passengers are as prepared as possible. Of course, if you have any questions, please feel you can call us at (619) 226-8030. We’re standing by to assist you in planning your long-range adventure.
- DUFFEL BAGS – Considered best for storage, and for dirty laundry.
- CLOTHING – PANTS: Bring a change for each day.
- SHIRTS: You may need 1 or 2 each day.
- SOCKS: Yes! At least a pair for each day but more is better.
- UNDIES: Don’t forget them!
- JACKET: Heavy jacket
- SNEAKERS: Bring 2 pair so you’ll always have a dry spare.
- THE WEATHER WILL BE ON THE COOLER SIDE, SO PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
- PASSPORT – You must have a valid passport.
- RUBBER BOOTS – one pair of short, comfortable boots.
- HAT – Wide brim, baseball caps, knit hats. Think sun and weather protection.
- LIGHT RAIN GEAR – May come in handy.
- SUNGLASSES – Polarized to cut the glare. Security straps will prevent loss.
- TOILETRIES – Bath towels, shampoo, soap, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- TOOLS – Dykes (cross cutting pliers), duck bill pliers, holder and belt, hook sharpener.
- Rod belt, personal preference as to the model.
- SEASICKNESS MEDICATION & REMEDIES – Check with your Physician for preferred method of prevention (Transderm patches are back! These appear to be highly successful.) There are several over-the-counter products that are very effective. Your local Pharmacist would be another excellent source for recommendations.