Seven to Twelve Day Trips
-Mustad 94150, Bronze Finish
-Size:1/0 Quantity: 24
-Size:2/0 Quantity: 24
-Size:4/0 Quantity: 48
-Size:6/0 Quantity: 48
-Size:9/0 Quantity: 24
-Mustad 7691 Big Game
-Size: 7/0 Quantity: 10
-Size: 9/0 Quantity: 10
-Size: 16/0 Quantity 8
-Super Mutu or Trokar 619
-Size: 5/0 Quantity: 15
-Size: 7/0 Quantity: 15
MACKEREL CATCHING RIGS
-Owner Octopus 4 Hook – Model #5525-075 Quantity: 6
SQUID CATCHING RIGS
-2 Mid or Large size (May come in handy)
LEADER & BACKING MATERIAL
-1 leader wheel (30ft) of 150lb Izorline, or Maxima
-1 1 lb. Spools of most commonly used: 30#, 40#, 50# & 60# Blue only.
-Sliding 2oz,4oz Quantity: 5 Each
-Torpedo 4oz, 8oz, 12oz, & 16oz Quantity: 5 each.
-2 Each Catchy Bombs Single Hook
-3 Each 6X Jr. Heavy Chrome Single hook
-3 Each Blue/White Single hook
-3 Each Scrambled Egg Single hook
Several brands can be used with outstanding results. Salas, Burns Bombs, Tady and Hopkins are our favorites. For Tuna and Wahoo, single hooks are a must. Trebles are fine for other fish such as Yellowtail. When deciding on lures, it is sometimes best to wait and consult the personnel at Fisherman?s Landing Tackle Department, prior to your trip. They have current information and know what’s working.
-Catchy Tackle Larch Jett 1 Each
-Zuker or Sevenstrand Clones (Albacore Size) 1 Each
-Zucchini 1 Each
-Marauder or Flash Dancer (Single hook) 1 Each
S/S Double Hooks 2 Each
-27# Seven Strand 1 30ft Spool (A-1 Sleeves)
-40# Seven Strand 2 30 ft. Spools (A-2 Sleeves)
-90# Seven Strand 2 30 ft. Spools (A-3 Sleeves)
-275# Seven Strand 2 30 ft. Spools (A-7 Sleeves)
No Mono-coated wire
-A-1 Seven Strand 24
-A-2 Seven Strand 30
-A-3 Seven Strand 30
-A-7 Seven Strand 24
-1 pair Crimping Pliers (Hi Seas are best)
RINGS - Heavy duty welded wire type
-Size 5 24
-Size 7 24
-4/0 McMahon (Black) Quantity: 2 Dozen
-Wood, Plastic or Soft-Pacs to store your Tackle
Rods and Reels
-Line Size 200# Spectra (800 yards) topped with 25 feet of 100# Mono
-Super Seeker SS 6463XXXHAR
-Super Seeker SS ZX4 CONV GUIDES
-Reel Size Accurate 50W, Penn 50SW, or Shimano 50W
-Line Size 135# Spectra (700 yards) topped with 25 feet of 80# Mono
-Super Seeker SS 6455XXHAR
-Reel Size Accurate 50, Penn 50 International, or Shimano 50
-Line Size 80# Spectra (700 yards) topped with 25 feet of 60# Mono
-Super Seeker SS 6465H
-Super Seeker SS 6470H
-Reel Size Accurate 20, Shimano TLD30, Penn 30T (all 2 speeds)
-Line Size 50# Mono
-Super Seeker SS 6470
-Super Seeker SS 6465H
-Reel Size Accurate 665H, Accurate B-Z 870 Penn 4/0 with Yellowtail conversion Kit, Newell 540 or 533, with 4:6 gear ratio
-Line Size 40# Mono
-Black Steel G 6470
-Black Steel G 665H
-Reel Size Accurate 665, Accurate BZ-870, Penn 555GS, or Newell 533
-Line Size 30# Mono
-Black Steel G 670
-Black Steel G 970
-Reel Size Accurate 865, Penn 500, Newell 338, or Shimano 30 Trinidad
* Preferred brands of Rods are Calstar Grafighter, Calstar, Seeker Black Steel Graphite and Seeker Classic E Glass.
* All Reels should have light weight Aluminum spools. Accurate and Newell are best.
* Preferred brand of line is Izorline (Blue only)
* Preferred brands for Spectra line are Line One or Blackwater
* Preferred brand for Flourocarbon is Blackwater
There are several variations on model numbers and type of Rods and Reels. We’ve listed the model #’s that we feel work best. Your favorite California saltwater Tackle Store can assist you in comparable products if you wish. If you need the name and phone number of a reputable Tackle Store near you, please call us.
The following list of gear will help our passengers prepare for their trip. It is by no means a complete list – and some may consider it to be more than needed. A big part of the service we offer is to make sure our passengers are as prepared as possible. Of course, if you have any questions, please feel you can call us at (619) 226-8030. We’re standing by to assist you in planning your long-range adventure.
- DUFFEL BAGS – Considered best for storage, and for dirty laundry.
- CLOTHING – PANTS: Bring a change for each day.
- SHIRTS: You may need 1 or 2 each day.
- SOCKS: Yes! At least a pair for each day but more is better.
- UNDIES: Don’t forget them!
- JACKET: Heavy jacket
- SNEAKERS: Bring 2 pair so you’ll always have a dry spare.
- THE WEATHER WILL BE ON THE COOLER SIDE, SO PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
- PASSPORT – You must have a valid passport.
- RUBBER BOOTS – one pair of short, comfortable boots.
- HAT – Wide brim, baseball caps, knit hats. Think sun and weather protection.
- LIGHT RAIN GEAR – May come in handy.
- SUNGLASSES – Polarized to cut the glare. Security straps will prevent loss.
- TOILETRIES – Bath towels, shampoo, soap, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- TOOLS – Dykes (cross cutting pliers), duck bill pliers, holder and belt, hook sharpener.
- Rod belt, personal preference as to the model.
- SEASICKNESS MEDICATION & REMEDIES – Check with your Physician for preferred method of prevention (Transderm patches are back! These appear to be highly successful.) There are several over-the-counter products that are very effective. Your local Pharmacist would be another excellent source for recommendations.