-Mustad 94150, Bronze Finish
-Size: 1/0 Quantity: 24 Each
-Size: 2/0 Quantity: 24 Each
-Size: 4/0 Quantity: 24 Each
-Size: 6/0 Quantity: 24 Each
-Size: 9/0 Quantity: 24 Each
Owner Gorilla, for bigger Bluefin offshore & Guadalupe Yellowtail
-Size: 2/0 Quantity: 12 Each
-Size: 3/0 Quantity: 12 Each
-Size: 4/0 Quantity: 12 Each
-Size: 7/0 up to 11/0 for dropper loop 4 Each
-Super Mutu or Trokar 619
-Size: 4/0 Quantity: 15 Each
-Size: 5/0 Quantity: 15 Each
-Size: 7/0 to 10/0 for larger baits and chunk fishing
MACKEREL CATCHING RIGS
-4 Each Owner Octopus 4 Hook – Model #5525-075
-1 Each 1# Spool of most commonly used: 30#, 40#, 50#, 60#, 80# Mono - Blue only
-Spectra from 65# up to 135#
-Flourocarbon leaders from 50# up to 100#
-Sliding 2oz, 4oz, 6 Each
-Torpedo 4oz, 6oz, 8oz, 12oz 6 Each
-Torpedo 16oz, 20-oz 3 each for dropper loop in ripping current
-Split Shot PSS-2 (good for Albacore) 2 Bag
-SALAS 6X, SALAS 6X Jr. 2 Each
-Assorted colors: Chrome, blue/white, green/yellow, etc. Treble and single hooks.
When deciding on lures, it is sometimes best to wait and consult the personnel at Fisherman’s Landing Tackle Department, prior to your departure. They have current information and know what’s working.
-Catchy Tackle Little Jett 1 Each One Trolling Strap
-Zuker or Sevenstrand Clones
-Mexican Flag 1 Each
-Zucchini 1 Each
-S/S Double Hooks 2 Each
BASS LURES: A selection of: Scampies, Leadheads, Mojos, Scroungers, etc.
Rods and Reels
40 Pound Live Bait Combo
-Reel: PENN Torque 2-speed TRQ30NLD2, PENN Fathom FTH30NLD2
-Rod: Conventional 7 to 8 feet, rated for 30 - 60 pound mono lines, example - PENN CARBWII50130C70
-Applications: All around live bait use for tuna under 100 pounds, line shy smaller tuna and catching bait
50 - 60 Pound Live Bait Combo
-Reel: PENN Torque TRQ40NLD2, PENN Fathom FTH40NLD2
-Rod: Conventional 7 to 7.5 feet, rated for 30 - 80 pound mono lines
-Applications: Live bait Yellowfin Tuna 50-125 pounds
50-60 Pound Jigging Combo
-Reel: PENN U.S. Senator 113N, PENN Torque 2-speed TRQ40NLD2, PENN Fathom FTH40NLD2
-Rod: Conventional 7 feet, rated for 40 - 80 pound mono lines
-Applications: Yo-Yo jigging for Yellowtail and tuna
80 - 100 Pound Live Bait Combo
-Reel: PENN International 2-speed 16VISX
-Rod: Conventional 7 feet, rated for 50 - 130 pound mono lines
-Applications: Live bait flylining, chunk bait fishing
100 - 130 Pound Dropper Loop Combo
-Reel: Penn International 2-speed 20VISX or 30VISX; topshot of 50 - 100 feet of 100 or 130 pound mono line
-Rod: Conventional 7 feet, rated for 80 - 150 pound lines
-Applications: Heavy-duty dropper looping for Yellowtail
* Preferred brands of Rods are Calstar Grafighter, Calstar, Seeker Black Steel Graphite and Seeker Classic E Glass.
* All Reels should have light weight Aluminum spools.
* Preferred brand of line is Izorline (Blue only)
* Preferred brands for Spectra line are Line One or Blackwater
* Preferred brand for Flourocarbon is Blackwater
There are several variations on model numbers and type of Rods and Reels. We’ve listed the model #’s that we feel work best. Your favorite California saltwater Tackle Store can assist you in comparable products if you wish. If you need the name and phone number of a reputable Tackle Store near you, please call us.
The following list of gear will help our passengers prepare for their trip. It is by no means a complete list – and some may consider it to be more than needed. A big part of the service we offer is to make sure our passengers are as prepared as possible. Of course, if you have any questions, please feel you can call us at (619) 226-8030. We’re standing by to assist you in planning your long-range adventure.
- DUFFEL BAGS – Considered best for storage, and for dirty laundry.
- CLOTHING – PANTS: Bring a change for each day.
- SHIRTS: You may need 1 or 2 each day.
- SOCKS: Yes! At least a pair for each day but more is better.
- UNDIES: Don’t forget them!
- JACKET: Heavy jacket
- SNEAKERS: Bring 2 pair so you’ll always have a dry spare.
- THE WEATHER WILL BE ON THE COOLER SIDE, SO PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
- PASSPORT – You must have a valid passport.
- RUBBER BOOTS – one pair of short, comfortable boots.
- HAT – Wide brim, baseball caps, knit hats. Think sun and weather protection.
- LIGHT RAIN GEAR – May come in handy.
- SUNGLASSES – Polarized to cut the glare. Security straps will prevent loss.
- TOILETRIES – Bath towels, shampoo, soap, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- TOOLS – Dykes (cross cutting pliers), duck bill pliers, holder and belt, hook sharpener.
- Rod belt, personal preference as to the model.
- SEASICKNESS MEDICATION & REMEDIES – Check with your Physician for preferred method of prevention (Transderm patches are back! These appear to be highly successful.) There are several over-the-counter products that are very effective. Your local Pharmacist would be another excellent source for recommendations.